- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place banana slices in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup hot water; soak for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, place flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, dry powdered milk, dry butter powder, and dry egg powder; stir to combine.
- In a separate container, place the warm water and lemon juice and set aside.
- When the bananas have soaked, add the water/lemon juice mixture and the softened bananas to the flour mixture; stir just until combined. Add nuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour (or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean).
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Banana Bread Made With Dried Bananas
Back on May 27, 2011, we told you how to dry bananas. Here's just one way to use those bananas. This recipe for banana bread has been adapted to be made with items, including dried bananas, from food storage. See, you can survive and thrive on storage!
1 cup dried banana slices
1 cup hot water
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon dry powdered milk
6 tablespoons dry butter powder
¼ cup dried whole egg powder
¾ cup warm water
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup nuts